Valea Cetăţii (Fundata) Cave is located on the Postavaru Mountain western side, at 3.5 km from Râşnov, at 1.5 km from Râşnov Citadel and at an altitude of 790 m (main entrance. The cave is part of a protected natural area Valea Cetăţii (Cave Valley), which was designated a protected natural area to protect and conserve natural elements with special ecological, scientific and landscape value and significance, represented by karst (cave, cliffs and ditches in Devil's meadow), secular trees, flora, water losses in Fundăţica slope.
Access to protected natural area is by car, bicycle or on foot. Access by car is from Poiana Braşov on DN1E Braşov-Râşnov Citadel following the valley up to its confluence with the valley floor, where at the 19.4 kilometer is a modern parking space specifically designed for the protected area. Access by bicycle and on foot from the Citadel parking or from Poiana Braşov on the rod or on trails.
Located about 3 kilometers from Râşnov Citadel on Valley Road, the cave was opened for the first time in 1949, when, a year after an explosion hydraulic entry was discovered.
With a total length of approximately 958 meters, now the cave is fit and lit for visit with a guide. The entrance is through a narrow tunnel, arriving in the Great Hall, in the middle of which is arranged a playground for concerts, the acoustic is very good. It is located at an altitude of 790 m (main entrance), the cave was discovered in 1949, charted in the early '50s, but access to the interior could be done only on the belly. It consists of several small galleries, tunnels and large room which is the size of half a football field impresses tourists with existing karst formations here, and great acoustics. Recently, there have been arrangements that make it possible to visit it in the best conditions, were built stairs, walkways, handrails and lighting system was installed in Romania unique cold that can keep the same microclimate 8-9 degrees C all season, cave tour is done with a guide. Although, some time after it was vandalized, can still be seen in the "Great Hall" stalactites and stalagmites of different sizes, including a 2 m tall, who watches the entrance in the "Great Hall", like the Borzeşti oak, greeting relentlessly the few visitors. From the "Great Hall" with a height of 20 meters and about 2500 square meters, goes in different directions side galleries of different sizes. Cave walls are usually covered with calcite leaks. The cave has an extension of 200.6 m and branching index of 4.77. Dripping water in the cave are numerous and arranged the entire network of galleries. The amount of water varies arrived the season, but a certain amount of water and condensation due to air contact with the walls of the cave. The Cave had a first phase galleries filled with water, thus expanding corrosion areas, and after switching to the free flow level, erosion has shaped and vertically. The cave has a part that is open only to trained public; the entrance is situated at 825 m altitude and is difficult (only on the belly). But with the proper equipment, you can admire the Cave in its entire splendor.
Since February 2010, the protected natural area of the Fortress Valley Cave is in the custody of a firm. From this time, the damage of the karstic formations was fortunately stopped, and the cave was set up using the latest technology. The cave was opened for visiting by the public in December 2010 after a titanic work of restoration. Due to the amazing acoustic of the cave, it used also for classical music concerts.